How Should You Wear a Maxi Skirt?
Updated: Nov 18, 2020
For years I would say I can’t wear maxi skirts/dresses because I’m too short and they make me look stubby. Truthfully, I just hadn’t found the right one.
Now, I know there are girls and women out there who would love to wear this style, but just don’t know how. So here is some @styling.bd guidance:
• Maxi’s started to make a real comeback when ‘boho’ was every second person’s vibe. Now they have made their way into mainstream fashion and boy am I happy about that!
• Newbie to the maxi world? Try black first. It’s easy to play around with to get used to and dress up or down.
• These skirts typically graze the ground to the ankle before it starts to become a midi skirt
• The maxi is a great transitional piece for in between seasons like entering and leaving Summer
• Perfect when it’s too hot to wear jeans/pants, but there’s no time to do some TLC on your legs
• For a casual look, try styling with a logo tee either knotted or tucked in
• For a fashion look, try a crop top with bold features like vibrant colours or a crop tube top with a bow detail
• For a more elegant or luxe look go for a breezy blouse and tuck it in
• Already own a colourful maxi skirt but don’t know what to do with it? White. White tee, tank, cami, crop, blouse.
• A pleated maxi is a big step if you are just starting out, but they are very trendy and speak for themselves. I personally love to couple a pleat with a biker jacket and cami or tee
• To accessorise this piece, try a waist belt if the skirt doesn’t have its own. Find something that covers the band but doesn't clash with the pattern or fabric.
• If you’re short and want to add height (apart from obviously chucking on heels) a v-neck will help elongate your look
• If you’re tall & slim, horizontal patterns high-neck and voluminous sleeves should broaden your look
Brighley Dangerfield is a Gold Coast Personal & Fashion Stylist, as well as an Australian Instagram Style Blogger. She is available for in-person and virtual services. Editorial, lookbook, commercial, social media, personal wardrobes, personal shopping, special occasions and event styling. Now taking on new clients. Book Today!
australian outfits instagram
personal stylist for women brisbane gold coast
australian fashion blog websites
australian fashion stylist portfolio gold coast brisbane
professional ecommerce editorial wardrobe fashion stylist
Australian fashion blogger to follow on instagram